Winning the battle to attract, develop and keep the RIGHT staff - Breakfast Workshop
The Manufacturers' Network is pleased to offer our members a breakfast workshop, hosted by the inspiring speaker Tony Smale, on how to win the battle to attract, develop and keep the right staff in the midst of a labour market paradigm shift.
Every business knows how important it is to have the "right people", yet every manager we talk to, almost without exception, tells us how difficult that is. We are also now in the midst of a fundamental paradigm change that has caught many Kiwis off guard.
In this workshop Tony will discuss and provide suggestions on:
- Demographic trends and labour demand forecasts
- What staff in today's workplace expect and need
- Changed attitudes - do we accomodate a diminished work ethic, short attention span, constant need for praise? Or do we re-educate staff to succeed in the real workplace?
- Multicultures - what it means
- Opaque or transparent - how your staff, prospects and the world at large think about your firm's people management, and what you can learn.
About the trainer:
Tony Smale is a qualified business consultant of 27 years, and co-owner of Forte Management - Consulting, Coaching, Training, who recently authored an MBIE funded report on confronting demographic changes and the role of attracting and retaining immigrants in the Marlborough region. He has considerable experience in regional development and has served on an OECD Employment and Economic Development expert panel.
This workshop will be held on Tuesday 29 May 7:30am - 9:30am in Christchurch. A nominal fee of $35+GST to cover costs will be charged. Please register below.
|Date:||Tuesday 29 May|
|RSVP:||Friday 18 May|
|Time:||7:30 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Venue:||The Manufacturers' Network, Level 1, 236 Hereford Street, Christchurch|
|Parking:||On street, or Wilsons Carpark next door.|