About The Manufacturers' Network
Advancing Manufacturing for New Zealand
The Manufacturers’ Network is a group of globally competitive New Zealand manufacturers who want to grow their business, and New Zealand’s economy, through collaboration, innovation and the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
Backed by 137 years of knowledge, we’re leading our sector into the future.
Ambitious and goal-oriented, our manufacturers’ are driven by the desire to be the best of the best – and see international competitors not as their idols, but rivals. Confident and proud, the products speak for themselves, and help showcase our innovative edge – proving our capability to achieve the best results at home in New Zealand.
We Support Your Business
- By acting as a focal point of relevant information that we proactively share with you.
- Through presentations that are tailored for manufacturers, led by industry experts and key influencers.
- By providing training courses on key topics that will advance your business and support smarter operations.
- By helping you expand into new markets.
- By providing free export documentation that allows you to gain the benefits of FTAs.
We Connect You
- To other manufacturers’ knowledge, experience and expertise, both in person and electronically though Network Assist.
- To like-minded people through unique peer learning, networking events and factory tours.
- By providing opportunities to meet and engage with officials, politicians and leaders/influencers.
We Speak Up On Your Behalf
- We listen to your views and act on issues. Your views inform everything we do, from raising them directly with politicians and Government officials, to making formal submissions on your behalf.
- We work proactively with media to change the perception of and promote understanding of manufacturing, reflecting it’s true value, growth, and employment opportunities.
- We focus soley on manufacturing and exporting, which allows us to speak up on the issues that really matter to your business, without compromise.
Formation and History
The Manufacturers' Network was previously known as The New Zealand Manufacturers and Exporters Association (NZMEA), which formed through the merger of the Canterbury Manufacturers’ Association and the New Zealand Engineers Federation in 2007.
The Manufacturers' Network Council and CEO Forum is elected from the Chief Executive, General Manager or equivalent level of manufacturing and exporting enterprises. The Council and CEO Forum authorises policy, approves all major decisions of the Network and elects a Board from their number to deal with the day to day governance of the organisation. Officers are appointed from the Board.
Each President serves a two year term having served two years each as Vice President and Junior Vice President. The President also serves two years as Immediate Past President: a process that creates stable senior governance.